The Sustainable Living Roadshow is a caravan of educators, entertainers and activists coordinating cross-country tours that empower communities and individuals to utilize sustainable strategies for a healthier planet. Visiting university campuses and community events across the United States, the tour encompasses a fleet of non-petroleum based renewable fuel vehicles built to educate and demonstrate sustainability. At each stop, the caravan sets up experiential learning villages, featuring workshops, speakers, and entertainment.
The Sustainable Living Roadshow is a new paradigm in entertainment, education and business. It is designed to celebrate practical solutions to global and environmental issues created by our modern energy and food systems. The intention of the tour is to introduce communities to sustainable living strategies like bio-regionalism, renewable energy, sustainable food systems, and community development while validating and promoting existing local efforts. Through pre-coordination, the tour orchestrates opportunities and creates participation that infuses these local ventures with new information and increased awareness at the surrounding campuses and communities. Collectively, workshops, entertainment and service projects empower youth and community members toward meaningful participation, both local and global. The events also feature evening celebrations to broaden outreach, share messages and encourage participation from a diverse array of audiences.
Who is Involved?
The Roadshow teams up with some of the most creative, active, educated and conscious minds. Participation includes green businesses and non-profit organizations from the local and national level. Using different forms of activism, media and entertainment, the tour teaches people of all ages about a more sustainable lifestyle. Contact us if your organization is interested in becoming involved.
Circle of Life/We the Planet Conscious Goods Alliance
Sustainable Living Institute Big Tadoo Puppet Crew
Solar Living Institute Gamelan X/One People Voice
Change of Atmosphere Aphrodesia
Better Days Alliance Sustainable Waves
When and Where
Pilot West Coast College and Community Tour, April 2007
Southeast College and Community Tour, September – October 2007
California to Florida
Call to Action
The time is NOW! Please join us in our mission to celebrate, demonstrate and empower youth and communities towards a more sustainable approach to living. Donate your time, products or services, fund specific initiatives or become a sponsor and help us share our collective message of socially responsibility and innovative strategies for a healthier planet.
SLR Sustainability Code of Ethics
In all of our relationships, we strive to achieve these ethics.
* A cooperation and mutual respect for all living things.
* A desire to improve the current condition and direction of human society, re-directing our society’s energy and values towards community and planet.
* Lead by example; teach others about the importance of a healthy planet as it relates to the health and well being of individuals, communities and future generations.
* A commitment to alternative energy and transportation methods
* A commitment to food systems and products that are organic, local, and free of GMO’s, hydrogenated oils, hormones, antibiotics and pesticides.
* A focus on developing communities towards bioregionalism and utilizing local resources wherever possible.
* A commitment to support fair trade/living wage conditions